A chilled thirst-quenching drink is all one needs especially given the current weather and after long fasting hours. We wouldn’t recommend having these drinks for Iftar but you can have them as a perfect post-Iftar refreshment.
Strawberry Lime Mojito
- 2 to 3 strawberries
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 8 to 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sparkling water or Sprite/ 7UP
- Place the strawberries, lime, mint, and sugar in a blender.
- Add in ice.
- Blend well.
- Pour in serving glasses.
- Add more ice and then top with sparkling water or Sprite/7UP and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a whole strawberry and enjoy!
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2- 2 cups chilled watermelon puree
- A bunch of mint leaves
- 2-3 spoons sugar syrup
- Combine water, sugar, and mint leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and chill.
- Combine lime juice, 1 1/2 – 2 cups watermelon puree, a few more mint leaves and sugar syrup in a jug. Mix well until combined. Pour into ice-filled glasses.
Classic Virgin Mojito
- 1 freshly squeezed lime juice
- Honey or sugar syrup
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Sparkling water or Sprite/ 7up
- Ice cubes
- Put the mint leaves into a glass. Use a muddler or a wooden spoon to lightly smash the leaves.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice cubes.
- Combine lime juice and honey or sugar syrup in glass
- Pour in sparkling water or Sprite/ 7UP.
- Top up with mint leaves.