If you’re one of those people who just cannot let go of crispy fries/chips but also want to make healthy choices then you have come to the right place. Zucchini chips are the best alternative to potato chips that you can easily make at home and satisfy your cravings.
Here’s a quick recipe of zucchini chips that requires minimum ingredients with healthy benefits.
- 2 zucchini, sliced very thinly into coins
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt as desired
- Black pepper as desired
- Preheat the oven to 225°. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice zucchini into very thin round shape for crispy chips. Pat zucchini with paper towels to draw out excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini with oil then toss in oregano, salt, and pepper. Place in a single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake until crispy, about 1 hour 20 minutes, checking after about an hour. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
It’s that quick and simple. You can also add in any seasoning of your choice like ranch or paprika for a flavourful serving. Zucchini has many health benefits like it is high in antioxidants, contributes to healthy digestion, may reduce blood sugar levels and many more. Give this recipe a try. You will not regret it.