When we speak of diversity in the fashion industry the first name that comes to mind is Nadia Hussain. A model, actor, dentist, mother, entrepreneur and a renowned make up artist, Nadia has broadened her horizon and is surely a role model for many.
The multi talented super model shares a few interesting makeup tips with us, including how to find the perfect makeup artist for your big day!
1. How to prepare different skin types before applying makeup?
Different skin types require different preps:
For dry skin, moisturise but don’t use a very heavy moisturiser since the makeup tends to slip
For oily skin, prep using an oil free mattifying primer
For combination skin, it’s best to cleanse properly and apply a liquid oil free foundation so that it blends in with the natural oils
2. Share 5 tips for every soon-to-be bride to choose the best makeup artist for her wedding?
1. Firstly and most importantly, meet the makeup artist in person and see how comfortable she/he makes you feel around them.
2. Check out the ambiance and environment of the salon.
3. Previous experience: Read reviews or do some research, perhaps, speak to someone who has already been and see what they have to say.
4. If you/ yourself have had a good experience with the salon/makeup artist it is a safe bet!
5. Reputation, experience and portfolio of the makeup artist – if it satisfies you, go for it!
3. What should we use to keep our makeup on longer?
In the kind of heat that we live in, it’s best to use an oil free stick plus liquid foundation especially for brides. It is essential to set makeup using a setting spray. However, if you are looking for a natural look with light coverage, use an oil free liquid foundation and powder very lightly so the skin absorbs the foundation and it will surely stay for a long period of time.