This mouth-watering recipe is super easy and gives you freedom to get creative!
The concept is simple. The first layer of the pie base consists of crushed digestive biscuits mixed with a little butter. Believe it or not, this is often the tastiest part of the dish! After that, you can add whichever and however many layers/toppings you like! We understand that obtaining ingredients at this time is not easy so because #hellocares, we encourage you to use what you already have at home (see topping suggestions below).
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1.5 cup digestive biscuits/graham crackers (about 10 biscuits)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- (optional) 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Any choice of toppings you would like:
Whipped cream/ Berries/ Read-made Chocolate sauce/ Fruit compote/ Dulce de Leche/ Peanut butter/ Melted Marshmallows/ Cookie Dough/ Ice cream etc.
- First, you will need to crush the biscuits well in a bowl. Not too much, we do not want a powder-like consistency.
- Next, heat up the butter.
- Add the melted butter, salt and brown sugar to the biscuit bowl and mix well.
- Layer the biscuit base evenly in a shallow baking dish.
- Now add your toppings. Hello! staff suggests a whipped cream topped with fresh berries. Another winning combo is a layer of Dulce de Leche (made from condensed milk) and whipped cream topped with bananas – also known as the much-loved Banoffee Pie.