Due to the rapid spread of the coronavirus, hand sanitizers have suddenly become a must need for everyone. Most retailers can’t keep up with the demand for hand sanitizers and are sold out almost all the time now. However, we suggest you keep calm as there is no need to worry!
Follow these steps for your very own home-made DIY hand sanitizer.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl (99 percent rubbing alcohol)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of essential oil or you can use lemon juice instead (for scent)
- Add all ingredients into a bowl
- Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel like consistency
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle and voila ready for use
Note: Aloe vera is a moisturizer that will stop your skin from drying out. The main active ingredient in this sanitizer is the isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol). Most commercial hand sanitizers contain either ethanol, isopropanol, n-propanol or a combination of any two.