HELLO! spoke to a go-to skin specialist for many celebrities, an aesthetic specialist and CEO of a well-known skin care clinic in Islamabad, who shared his favourite DIY face mask recipe and skincare tips for our readers while they’re at home!
This is a good time to pay attention to your skin and pamper it with some love that comes in the form of a nutritiously indulgent yet simple face mask! The following recipe is particularly beneficial for those who have dry or dull skin. Enjoy!
-1 tablespoon of honey
-¼ avocado (mashed)
-2 drops of lemon oil
Avocado is a creamy and nutrient-dense fruit packed with an incredible amount of vitamins and minerals. This, in addition to it’s high fat content, after applied to skin, leaves it looking softer, smoother and visibly plumper. Lemon oil is an superb antibacterial and astringent ingredient that is also great for treating acne prone skin. It helps decrease hyperpigmentation in skin. Furthermore, honey is a natural exfoliator which helps remove dry and dull skin. When applied to skin, it speeds up the skin’s healing process, particularly from blemishes and inflammation.
1) Clean the face and dry with facial tissue.
2) Add honey to a small microwavable bowl, and microwave for 10 seconds (till it has a thin consistency)
3) Stir and let cool for a few minutes
4) Now add the mashed avocado and lemon drops. Mix well.
5) Apply the paste evenly on the skin
6) Leave it on for 10-15 minutes. The clinic suggests steaming the face for a few minutes, either from a bowl of hot water or from the tap, prior to removing it
7) Gently cleanse your skin with water and remove the mask
The specialist suggests applying natural aloe vera pulp instead of a regular moisturiser to the face afterwards. Not only does it seal the precious moisture in your skin, it’s topical components also heal your skin from a variety of minor ailments. So if you have an aloe plant growing at home, cut a thin slice off a leaf, and lather on some miracle-working goodness!