If you aren’t blessed with naturally curly hair, you’ve come to the right place! Here’s how to curl your hair to add some razzle-dazzle to an otherwise simple look! Keep reading to find out more.
Flat Wrap Hair With a Curling Iron
This technique creates a wide curl with lots of volume.
- Part your hair into two halves and start working on your hair with sections wider than usual.
- Wrap your hair around as usual but make sure that each strand is covered around the whole rod and not rounded up as a blob. Rotate your hands in circles as you go along the rod and hold it there for about 20 seconds.
It’s a super easy way to curl your hair without heat!
- Wash your hair with a good volumizing shampoo and then condition. Towel dry your hair but ensure that you are squeezing excess water out of your hair rather than rubbing your hair with the towel. Apply some hair gel that gives you hold.
- Section out the crown of your hair. Secure it in a bun. You will be working on this section last. Take a 1-inch section of your hair from the side, wrap the end around your index finger to create a loop. Hold it in place with your thumb and index finger. Start rolling the section upwards until it is up against your roots.
- Hold the rolled up section flat against your scalp and secure it with a hairpin.
- Keep the hair tied up for at least 12 hours and then remove the pins. Once you’ve removed all the pins, gently finger-comb your hair and use some hairspray for extra hold.
Natural Curl With a Curling Iron
It’s similar to the classic curl and the easiest as well.
- Grab a small section of hair and wrap the top part away from the barrel.
- Hold it for a few seconds and voila!
Ribbon Curl With a Flat Iron
Use your flat iron for this technique!
- Part your into two equal sections starting from the crown of your head.
- Place the iron diagonally into a small section of your hair and as you pinch the iron close you will slowly rotate half a turn and slide the flat iron down the section of the hair.
- The half turn is what creates the tight ribbon curl. The ribbon curl lasts for days and gradually turns into a beach wave type curl as the days pass by.